Thursday, June 19, 2008

WHAT A MORNING!!!

Everything that can go wrong went wrong this morning. I got up later than usual because firstly the plumber who came yesterday had stopped the water into the tank, thus I can't wash clothes today. Next, since every thursdays I cook something light, I did not have to rush to prepare lunch for my afternoon school kid. But this had proved to be the cause of my disastrous morning. I went to the kitchen to put water to boil and guess what? The gas had finished.So I put some water to boil in the thermopot. Then I put the leftover chicken curry into the microwave. My eldest came down to help out which again proved wrong. She dropped the whole bowl of hot chicken curry onto the table, under the table and around the table!!!Luckily no one was hurt. Now there was a big task to clean up the mess. The gas man still did not come. I said out aloud when my youngest thinking she would be of help if she asked for a simple breakfast caused another disaster. Bread and nutella! Hmm.... that sounds simple, right? WRONG !! The nutella was hard and frozen. So I put the bottle into the microwave. SPARKS!! FIRE!! I screamed, my daughters screamed, and finally I turned off the switch. Phew ! What a way to start your day and the gas man still did not come. Fried beehoon would be a simple lunch. Since there was no gas and it was gettting pretty late, I soaked the bihun in hot water. The beehoon become too soft to fry. And then finally I heard the hon. It was the gas man. He is finally here! So what the heck, I thought. I still have the rest of the day. I can now choose to cook fried beehoon, beehoon biryani or even beehoon soup. Because i can use my stove again:)These incident reminded me of a saying " BE OPTIMISTIC , EVEN IF YOU ARE IN THE EYE OF THE STORM."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buddy Award from Yasmeen

Buddy Award from Yasmeen

An Award from Yasmeen of Health nut

An Award from Yasmeen of Health nut