Friday, June 27, 2008

Chillin Out


Last Sunday we decided to eat out. I think my family and I are probably the only ones who had not eaten in Chili's. Not that we don't want to but because of personal choice. But anyway after listening to all those "Have you tried their Chicken Tacos..?" or " Wow you must try the Chicken Fajitas..mmm..mmm", I finally bowed down to pressure and decided to give Chili's a try. In Penang there's only one outlet and that is in Gurney Plaza which is 30 minutes drive from my house. When we reached Chili's, we were told that it will take least half an hour before we can be seated. My kids who are quite adventurous when it comes to food did not mind the long drive and the longer wait. After about 35 minutes, we were taken to our seats. My son ordered Fajitas Quesadillas, my eldest daughter wanted Chicken Tacos and my hubby ordered Chicken crispers. My youngest who is nine years old ate for free. Hers was Kids Hot dogs with fries. Me... I ordered nothing. I was told that the portions are big, and the food looked too rich that I decided to share with my daughter. (You can say I'm the picky one of the lot.)For drinks we all had fruit juices. The food came after awhile and I was amazed at the portion. It was quite big. Then we started to eat. I honestly can say that we have eaten better food. What a let down!! The chicken taco was tasteless. The chicken filling was bland and the vegetable salad was not so fresh. Next the chicken crispers. The chicken was oozing with oil and the fries that came with it looked burned. My son's Fajitas Quesadillas was the only one that tasted okay. But the black bean rice that came with was uggh!! Finally the free kids meal. The sausage was hard and the bun was dry !! I don't know what is the hooohaa about this place. I don't think its only me who thinks the food was not good. My whole family felt dissapointed. Thank God I did not order anything. First time in history nobody wanted to eat the fries. Usually the french fries will be the first to finish but here, we just left them on the plate. Anyway this is my experience. If any of you want to eat here I have no comments. Maybe Chili's might want to change their recipe and hire people who don't burn the fries. Happy eating...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Buddy Award from Yasmeen

Buddy Award from Yasmeen

An Award from Yasmeen of Health nut

An Award from Yasmeen of Health nut