Monday, June 2, 2008

The Journey Of Discovery

All praises to Allah swt.
As I have mentioned before, one of my greatest interest in life is learning about my religion, ISLAM. Firstly I am most grateful to be born as a muslim in my country for I'm able to perform my obligation to the religion freely. In this world of moral decadence, we need our religion to keep us in check and also find solace and comfort. I find great relief especially when I read the verses of the Quran which relates to certain incidents that happened in my life. It's as though, God himself spoke to me. Islam as we know is a Total way of life. How we live, eat, dress, learn, get married, have children, righr up to the roles of woman, man husband, wife, children, parents and everything about life. I also would like to remind myself what Aisha Lemu said in her book " Women in Islam " that Islam is to be taken as a whole.We should not take part of certain law in isolation from the other parts of the law.

I am writing about the religion here in the hope to educate myself and my children as learning is a process and it never ends.
The Prophet saw said, " The search for knowledge is a duty for every Muslim (male/female)."
"Seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Buddy Award from Yasmeen

Buddy Award from Yasmeen

An Award from Yasmeen of Health nut

An Award from Yasmeen of Health nut