Friday, June 13, 2008

Domestic duties

Lately I have this passion for baking and cooking new recipes. I thought, hey how long can you look at pictures in cookbook without actually cooking them. On top of that, my son Salman, very timely gave me Nigella Lawson's cookbook titled Nigella Express for my birthday.
I honestly can say that I actually tried and succeeded in making 3 recipes from the book. One was pancake. Okey don't laugh. It is a different type of pancake. Maybe a little exotic I would say. Next was the Cupcakes. Yehhh. Cupcakes are always a winner. True enough it became a big hit in my house. With all those buttercream decos, my sweet tooth daughters naturally made a beeline to gobble them down. My third adventure was Chocolate Mint Cookies. It was a let down though because the cookies did not turn up quite well. But anyway my 'ever loyal and devoted fan of my cooking'daughter Sofi loved it. So what the heck, as long as I had loyal fans and admirers of my so and so cooking, I will continue to perform my domestic duties. Though I must admit that sometimes the food may not look as good as it taste... ADIOS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Buddy Award from Yasmeen

Buddy Award from Yasmeen

An Award from Yasmeen of Health nut

An Award from Yasmeen of Health nut