Wednesday, July 2, 2008

To Hike or To Shop?




Last Sunday, we decided or rather Sofi decided that we should go hiking. "It's boring ! I don't want to go to malls or bowling." She explained further, that we should go outdoors and do family activities together like Hiking. Yeah, right. Easy for her to say. But my worn out and Ronaldo look alike knee ligaments did not agree with her. Lets vote,I said. "Who wants to go to Queensbay Mall for some window shopping, and maybe some ice cream treats afterwards, hands up." What no hands up. Surprisingly, my two other kids were silent. Come on I need your support here. I winked at my hubby AK, but he looked away grinning and shaking his head. " Who wants to go hiking and exercise while having fun, hands up." Now to my disbelieving eyes four hands shot up. And so at 5.30 on Sunday evening we went to the hiking spot at Bukit Jambul. Amazingly there were many people there. Not to mention half of them were older than me, or had worse knee condition than me. So with a sigh I agreed to go ahead and climb the hill. This hiking spot is very well marked and the trail which is used well can be easily followed. There are some steep slope that we had to climb over but all in all it was fun. My kids definitely enjoyed themselves. After about 40 minutes of hiking, I was getting a bit tired, and decided to ask a fellow hiker who was passing me how long more to reach the top. To my surprise he said that we have only started and there is another 60% to cover before we can reach the top!!Whew, that is VERY high!! Since it was getting dark, everyone decided to go down. Going down the hill was much difficult on my knee. I had to hold on to a stick while walking. Nevertheless it was fun to be one with nature...although my legs, knee and back think otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Buddy Award from Yasmeen

Buddy Award from Yasmeen

An Award from Yasmeen of Health nut

An Award from Yasmeen of Health nut