Saturday, July 19, 2008

30 something blues




The other day while waiting for the traffic light to change , I pulled down the sunshade and looked at the mirror to adjust my scarf. To my utter horror I saw 2 red spots on my cheeks. ( That’s the tell tale sign of a new pimple on the way !) WHAT!! Not Again ! I thought. Just recently I struggled to get rid of one pimple on my jaw, now another two!! What’s happening to my Hormones! I must have had such a miserable look on my face that one of the moms (Mom A) in Sofi’s school came over to ask me what was wrong. I pointed at the red spot on my face. Surprisingly Mom A told me she has breakouts too and she stays indoors on those days. Embarrassing, it is a teenage problem, she said. Good for her I thought. Her daughter is only 8 years old. Whereas I have teenagers at home using acne products. Now I guess I need to use some of these myself. Sigh! I wonder how come all those Bollywood and Hollywood actresses have such flawless skin. I was clouded with such self pity that my kids and hubby AK, planned a surprise for me. You see I used Lancome Blanc Eraser a few years ago for my freckles and it worked. So thinking that they would be doing me a great favor they decided to buy me the whole Lancome whitening set. But then again they forgot that this time it is not the freckles , but Pimples! Still, I have one rule and it is simple enough to adhere too. That is never give any negative remark when your kids or husband buy you a gift. You may not get one the next time around. Anyway I wonder what products Naomi Campbell who’s same age as me use to have such flawless skin.. But then are we really looking at the natural skin or digital impression of a perfectly powdered face ?

1 comment:

  1. hi saraG. Nice blog and articles. your recipes are good. keep them going....salams...

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Buddy Award from Yasmeen

Buddy Award from Yasmeen

An Award from Yasmeen of Health nut

An Award from Yasmeen of Health nut