Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Pan fried fish fillet in sweet sour sauce
5 slices of fish fillets ( white fish )
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1tsp chilli powder
a dash of white pepper
wheat flour for coating the fish
For the sauce
i onion sliced
3 cloves of garlic minced
5 cherry tomato ( can use ordinary tomato )
5 birds eye chilli
1 tsp chilli paste/powder
4 tbsp tomato ketchup]
1 tbsp white vinegar ] mix together
salt and brown sugar to taste
1. Saute the garlic and onion till golden.
2. Now add a litthe chilli paste with a little water. Sir quickly to avoid burning.
3. Now add tomato ketchup mixed with vinegar and 1 1/2 cup of water.
4. Bring the sauce to a gentle boil. Add cherry tomato and birds eye chilli.
5. Let sauce simmer and reduce a little. Now put salt and sugar to taste.
6. Put the fish into the sauce and garnish with celery leaves, cucmber cubes, and pineapple rings.
7. Wash fish thoroughly. Season with turmeric, chilli powder, pepper and salt. Leave aside for 15 minutes.
8. Coat the fish lightly with flour and shallow fry in little oil one at a time till golden brown
9. Drain and put it in gently into the sauce. Alternatively you can put fish in a plate then pour the sauce over it. Serve with piping hot rice. Enjoy
Use fresh fish for this recipe. You can make the sauce earlier but only fry the fish just before eating. Alternatively you can also use chicken fillets, prawns or squids instead of fish fillets.