Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Iftaar invitation in Alor Star

Yesterday my kids and I followed Hubby to Alor star ( his office is there). They were having their annual Iftaar and all was invited. It has been awhile since I went to Alor Star, and I was looking forward to this trip. So, early in the morning we left for Alor Star. I was a little worried though because it was quite early and I did not know how long my two children can hang around the shopping mall before they get tired. But I was pleasantly surprised because hubby had arranged for the company's apartment for us to use for the day. Soon after we reached I got my two kids organize their time table so that one get to play computer while the other does homework and vice versa. Then I dropped off hubby in his office and headed straight to Star Parade which is one of the biggest shopping mall in Alor Star. The atmosphere in Star Parade was quite amazing with Eid dul Ftri songs in the air there was a festive scene everywhere. There was also scores and scores of shops selling traditional Malay dresses, Jubahs, Abaya, scarfs, hijabs and much much more. After purchasing a few stuffs, I headed back to the apartment for some rest. Later in the evening we all gathered at the Al Bukhary mosque for iftaar and Maghrib prayers. Although the day was tiring for my kids and me, I feel it was worthwhile because we get to meet my hubby's staffs and sit together (orphans were also invited) this Ramadhan and enjoy our meals. After all, what better way to strenghten our silarturrahim?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Buddy Award from Yasmeen

Buddy Award from Yasmeen

An Award from Yasmeen of Health nut

An Award from Yasmeen of Health nut