Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Own Little Business

Today I am writing more on my new business interest. The friend I was talking about, decided to do her skin care class for my two daughter and also as a training session for me. My daughters naturally did not mind being the lab rats for this kind of experiment. I had called my friend over for lunch. I had prepared for her a special lunch and insyaAllah I will share the recipe with you soon. It was my late mom's recipe Coconut Rice, Chicken Masala Curry, Tandoori fried Chicken, Beans and Carrot stir Fry and ice cream with fuit cocktails for dessert. (Whoa, after puttting it down in words, only do I realise how much of excessive calories that would have cost me!)
After lunch we settled ourselves at the dining table where she will be conducting her demo.To my amazement, my friend took out a cabin size luggage bag which has all the cosmetics, lotions, creams, mirrors, cotton etc. According to her, I too must bring along this kind of bag when I conduct my skin care class!! 

I had a look at how she demonstrated all the various layers of lotions, creams, and foundation to prep my daughters faces. Then she applied the various application for the cheeks and eyes. Also lipstick and lip gloss. My daughter of course were absolutely over the moon to be given a makeover by my friend. They were encouraging me to learn all the tricks on how to apply all these colours. I agreed to attend this companys business meeting just to see what it was all about. During the presentation of this company, I found it hard to concentrate and focus on what was happening in front of me. I have attended many classes, religious and for self improvement before. I never feel so detached to what was happening around me as I felt during this meeting. After I reached home, everyone was eagerly waiting for me. That was when I told my children and AK that this is not the kind of business I would like to do. So there goes another dream of me opening my own business. Nevertheless, I will still continue my search. To own and run a small successful business. Till then pray that my dream comes true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Buddy Award from Yasmeen

Buddy Award from Yasmeen

An Award from Yasmeen of Health nut

An Award from Yasmeen of Health nut