Tuesday, January 23, 2024

The Hospital Visit

Today is the dreaded day! I have my routine appointment to see my doctor every 4 months. Usually our day starts after morning prayers. We talked to MS than straight away to shower and get ready. Then we had our breakfast and headed to the hospital. For the first time in so many years, we got to see the doctor DR. O as soon as we arrived at the hospital. This particular doctor I have been seeing her for the past 15 years. Lately she talks to me very bluntly and I might add a little rudely too. Anyways the consultation took a few minutes and this time she recomended for me to take medication for my slight elevated sugar, I politely declined and told her I will try and modify my diet and exercise before considering her suggestion. 

This is the kind of doctors I would like to avoid. They think everything can be corrected by popping pills. No advice on natural path, diet control or supplement intake. Unfortunately I am too tired to bring my entire history and build a rapport with a new doctor. For now I am stuck with this one. Same goes to my dentist. You see this dentist Dr. A that I have been visiting for the last 15 years, does not have a good reputation. She is clumsy and her charges are high. But.... she talks well, gentle and the important thing is she listens to me. I am absolutely terrified of dentists. She is a very sisterly kind of dentist and will not force me to go through procedures that I am not comfortable with. Of course my children and Ak are not happy. But then, who is the patient? I ask them. So for now, I am definitely not changing dentist. I have an appointment to fix 3!!! crowns with her in a couple of weeks. Wish me luck. I hope I am going to keep this appointment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Buddy Award from Yasmeen

Buddy Award from Yasmeen

An Award from Yasmeen of Health nut

An Award from Yasmeen of Health nut