Monday, January 22, 2024

Happy 2024

 When new year dawns upon us, the phrase a new beginning is always used. New beginning according to Google is to allow yourself to accept challenges that bring good things to you. This past 4 years of my life had been the most challenging one. from the onset of covid, I had several health issues that kept me off my  daily routine. There was a point when I even forgot what a normal day I used to have. We don't notice some of these blessings until we loose them. As time goes on, I accepted these challenges and put my faith in Allah swt, that what I am going through is going to strengthen me. 

Good health is one of the biggest blessings people take for granted. No matter how much money one has, or how successful the person is, as soon as they are faced with health issues, everything else take a backseat. Good health is not only the absence of disease, it also means your mental and social well being. Maybe that is why I had encouraged my children to study medicine, when they showed an interest in this field. Now my son, MS is a qualified doctor and doing his GP training. Lil Sofi, isnt little anymore. This young lady is in her final year as a medical student. 

If I could turn back the clock, I certainly will advice them to choose another field like their big sister who is an accountant. I noticed my son MS, who used to be a jovial light hearted teenager, became a very serious and reserved young man since he became a doctor. Sofi on the other and who was already a serious  person has become so reclusive. I find myself asking them "where is your smile? Have you lost it?' Maybe it is not the job, maybe it does not happen to everyone. But it happened to my children. I want them back as how they were, growing up. Nobody talks about the social well being and mental health of medical students and junior doctors.They are meant to be able to handle everything that is put on their plate. I totally disagree. As a mother of 2 children who studied and studying to be doctors, I see how much work, time and sacrifices they put into their daily life. Everyday is studying, every single day for 5 years and beyond. Beyond this 5 years, days will still be as challenging or proberbly more challenging. We just need to put our faith in the Almighty because He said in the Quran Al Kareem,  " Allah does not obligate anyone beyoind his capacity" 2:286. With that I am signing of for now, Hopefully I get back my interest to write on my blog again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Buddy Award from Yasmeen

Buddy Award from Yasmeen

An Award from Yasmeen of Health nut

An Award from Yasmeen of Health nut