Thursday, February 16, 2017

Tacos in the house

Tacos... yes this is what my youngest Sofi had been talking about all week. She loves tacos and had asked my son, studying in UK to buy her the shells. Here in my fridge the taco shells had been sitting cozily not touched or eaten. Reason?? I feel too guilty making it when my son is not here. Its his favourite too and he bought it! So my lil sofi knowing I will not be making it jus now, decided to make it herself today. After hours of seaching for authentic taco recipe, she finally announced that we will be having tacos for dinner. So now the tedious work started. Exactly at 3.30 pm she entered the kitchen to do her 'preparation.' I had already cleaned and cut the chicken fillets. First she made the marination and the relish. Next she prepared the salsa. Which was surprisingly a mixture of grilled vegetables pureed to make a salsa sauce.  Then she pan fried the chicken. There was a delightful aroma of spices in the air in my kitchen. I was absolutely confident that we will be having something delicious for dinner. I was absolutely right. The tacos were extremely good. This was her first time cooking although she had baked many times before. Hubby and I were impressed. It really feels good to come down and have dinner prepared for you. I think I can really get used to that idea. Hmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Buddy Award from Yasmeen

Buddy Award from Yasmeen

An Award from Yasmeen of Health nut

An Award from Yasmeen of Health nut