Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ouch!! My leg Hurts

When I tell people my legs can act as the weather man, I usually get the disbelieving look, or an annoyed look and sometimes teasing remarks. But really I am telling the truth. When there is a change in the weather, somehow my legs seems to get the signal first. Way before the rain comes, I will be telling my hubby AK to drive carefully because it will be raining InsyaAllah shortly. Ak did not believe at first. After sometime he admitted that my legs did indicate the rain.
I started noticing it myself in the late 90s. My legs will start to cramp and I will get pain in my calf just before it rained. The pain will subside as soon as the rain stops. Just before Tsunami in year 2006, I was having severe leg pain for a couple of days. It did rain at that time where I was staying. And I sometimes do wonder if the severe pain in my leg was any indication for the devastation that took place. But of course I can’t go telling people that there is going to be a Tsunami just because of my leg pain ! This will probably put me in a lot of trouble for causing anxiety, unrest, turmoil, apprehension, disorder, disturbance……..to society at large and I might then be on the Wanted List !! God Forbid! Now back to my leg pain , I did finally meet someone who had this ability (or disability because you will be unable to move about freely ) to forecast the weather with the condition of her legs. She is Kak A as I call her. We used to stay in the same neighborhood when I was staying in Kuala Lumpur. One day when she came for a visit, she casually told me that she had to do her marketing fast because it might be raining later today. When she saw the look of dismay in my eyes, she started the lengthy explanation of how her legs can forecast the weather. Then she started to utter apologize for frightening me. I on the other hand was shocked to see somebody else who had the same ability as me. Soon we became good friends and used to exchange weather notes with each other until she moved to Cheras and I to North.
But lately for the past few days I have been having leg pain but I did one mistake. That is, I went for a foot reflexology and it had aggravated my pain and my ankle is a bit swollen now. Sigh!! All I can do is put on my Super Socks and mooch around the house. But hey!! It did rain this morning not heavy but just a drizzle..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Buddy Award from Yasmeen

Buddy Award from Yasmeen

An Award from Yasmeen of Health nut

An Award from Yasmeen of Health nut