(recipe from arabic bites)
This is a quick and easy dessert that anyone can make and I have to thank Zainab from arabic bites for sharing this recipe.
For those who do not like the smell of cardomoms, please go slow with it or else you will not be able to enjoy this fine dessert. I have tweaked the original recipe a little and I hope tohose who are reading this will give this recipe a try. I took this desserts to my inlaws' for iftar the other day and it became a hit. So, don't wait. Try it now.
2 cups of evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups of low fat milk
3/4 cups of water
4 tbsp of sugar
a pinch of saffron
5 cardomom pods crushed
6 tbsp (flat) corn flour
a few drops of rose water
2 tbsp of cream (opt)
1. Combine both the milk and cardomoms and sugar. Stir over low heat and bring to a boil
2. Now strain the mixture and remove the cardomom pods.
3. Return the milk into the pan and add saffron and rose water.
4. In a nother bowl mix the cornflour and water together until the flour dissolve into the water.
5. Now add the flour mix slowly into the milk.
6. Stir continously because the mixture will thicken very fast.
7. Make sure the fire is low all the time.
8. Lastly add the cream and turn off the heat. Stir the mixture and pour into individual serving bowls.
9. Decorate the top with roasted chopped almonds, pistachios or cashews.
10. Serve chilled.